CYME 9.0 New Features
Electric utilities face numerous challenges related to fast-changing technologies, customer expectations, economics and regulatory landscape. Driven by its vast user base, the CYME team pushes the envelope of its best-ofbreed power system analysis software with the release of CYME 9.0, the first version of a new generation aimed at supporting utilities in their efforts to align their practices with the climate and clean energy goals of the 21st century.
The CYME 9 Series is a new generation of our software supporting utilities in the modernization of their longterm grid planning framework. Built on core components such as time-series analysis, distributed energy resources (DER) optimization, non-wires alternatives (NWA) and project portfolio evaluation, CYME 9.0 paves the way to the integration of the capacity planning process with the distributed resources planning process. All this through a powerful and versatile user interface connecting simplicity with efficiency.
Key new features include:
- A unique Load Relief DER Optimization module optimizing energy storage systems as well as dispatchable inverter-based generators to mitigate capacity problems on strategic grid assets.
- A new Microgrid Modeling and Analysis modules enabling unprecedented simulations of islanded – but also grid-connected – microgrids.
- A revamped Techno-Economic Analysis allowing an easy, intuitive, yet exhaustive financial assessment of concurrent grid projects.
- An expanded integration of the Load Flow with Profiles analysis with the Advanced Project Manager to enable true long-term, time-series capacity analysis.
- Continuous improvement of core components such as Load Flow Analysis, DER Impact Evaluation, Integration Capacity Analysis, Arc Flash Hazards Analysis, Harmonic Analysis, Scripting Tool with Python
- Several improvements to the software framework, user interface and one-line diagram navigation.